Thursday, May 13, 2010

SOUL FUNKTION Radio #149 DJ Offbeat - Ran Kan Kan



Back from Spain inspired and grateful, we start of this week with some Ethio sounds before exploring some afro and latin roots. Sit back, relax and enjoy!

1. Heliocentrics & Mulatu - Phantom of the Panter
2. The Lions - Ethio-Steppers
3. Sofrito Specials present Tropical Soundclash - Cumbia Colombiana (Tropical Treats Edit)
4. Luisito Quintero - Gbagada, Gbagada, Gbogodo, Gbogodo (Louie Vega EOL Mix)
5. Cal Tjader - Ran Kan Kan
6. Cal Tjader & Eddie Palmieri - Picadillo
7. Mitchell & Dewbury - Beyond the Rains (Blues Mix)
8. Tato Vasquez - Suite Guaracho pt II (Beatfanatic Rework)
9. Osunlade - Cantos a Ochun Et Oya
10. Roots Orchestra - Kalabuta
11. Eastern Minstrels de Prestige Entertainers - Ugo Nwata Gbaburu

2 comments:

  1. The last song from this show transported me somewhere far away from work and traffic, THANK YOU. I love listening to radiopellenera and your show is one of my favourite! I´ts a pitty I missed you in Madrid! are you planning to come again? Hope you had a pleasent stay
    Norha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Norha, I appreciate your kind words and support! Hooray for Radio Pellenera who is always doing a fantastic job!

    My stay in Spain was entirely too short but amazing all around. Hopefully we can make it happen again. Soon =)

    ReplyDelete