Cheers friends, welcome back. Another afro odyssey this week as we venture through some broken beats, a re-edit of a classic, cutups, afro house action, and a touch of latin flavor in the mix before we return full circle with a couple raw afro vibes.
Dele Sosimi spent 7 years playing keys with Fela Kuti and the Egypt 80 band before striking out with Femi Kuti as a founding member of the Positive Force. You may recognize this favorite from Dele's solo career that gets a nice rework here. Gilles Peterson's Havana Cultura project tackles another classic with their latin tinged take on Fela's Roforofo Fight. Masters At Work flip the great Willie Bobo, Dackin Dackino provides another taste from the Afro Rock Vol 1 comp newly released on Strut Records, and an early cut from Segun Bucknor taken from the Black Man's Cry comp out now on Now and Again Records that takes a look at the long shadow cast by Lagos Legend and original Black President Fela Kuti. Enjoy!
1. Shelly Nicole's Blakbushe - Blak Girls (Afrobiotic Swine Funk Instrumental)
2. Buari - Advice From Father (Pat Le Stache Re-Edit - We Are The Africans)
3. Javi P3Z Orquesta - El Safari
4. Roots Orchestra - Kalabuta
5. Dele Sosimi - Turbulent Times (Stan-ley's Ingroove Dub Mix)
6. Gilles Peterson ft Maya Caridad Valdes - Roforofo Fight
7. Willie Bobo - La Descarga Del Bobo (Masters At Work Mix)
8. Dackin Dackino - Yuda
9. Segun Bucknor - Adebo